Oven-baked Spanish Tortilla (Spanish Omelette)
A healthy and filling meal you can prepare in no time to feed the whole family. A twist on the classic Spanish tortilla that takes 10 min of prep and 45 min in the oven. Easy, delicious oven-baked Spanish tortilla.
SERVINGS (adjustable)4 adults
- 14 oz potatoes (yukon gold or maris piper) (400 grams)
- 6 eggs
- 1 white onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt omit for babies under 1
Preheat the oven to 360°F / 180°C.
Peel the potatoes – take a mandolin slicer (or use a knife) and slice them very thinly (about ½ cm or ¼ inch).
Peel and slice the onion into small pieces. Add the potatoes, onions, salt and olive oil into a bowl and mix well to combine.
Layer the ingredients into a baking dish and place in the oven for 30 minutes. In the same bowl (saving on washing up) add the eggs and whisk them. Leave them aside.
After 30 minutes, pour the eggs onto the potato & onion mixture and bake for another 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve with a side salad.
How to serve to babies?
How to serve to toddlers? Serve the same way as for adults or...
- Omit salt from the recipe
- 6 months old - serve a a large piece the width and length of index finger for the baby to easily grab. This recipe is not suitable for pureeing.
- 9 months old+ (or whenever ready for pincer grasp) - cut up into bite size pieces or the same as for baby-led weaning.
- Picky eaters – serve the same portion as for adults alongside potatoes that you roasted by themselves (cut the same way and roasted at the same time just on a different baking tray), with either a boiled or scrambled egg on the side and some cut up salad veg such as cucumber, tomatoes and crunchy romaine lettuce.
Serving: 2slicesCalories: 244kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 11gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 246mgSodium: 682mgPotassium: 549mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 359IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 56mgIron: 2mg