Craving the classic flavors of Snickers bars but looking for a more nutritious alternative? Look no further! Our Snickers Milkshake Smoothie recipe combines all the deliciousness of a traditional milkshake with wholesome ingredients. Packed with nutrients and protein, this recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth while giving you a boost of energy.
Why we love this recipe:
- made with wholesome nutritious yet simple ingredients like cocoa powder, dates, peanut butter, banana and chia seeds instead of processed caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce or chocolate syrup
- delicious treat
- healthy snack or smoothie dessert made in matter of minutes
- part of our collection of weight gain shakes
Ingredients for snickers milkshake recipe
- Milk - we like to use plant-based milks like almond milk, but you can also use full fat cow's milk (or other plant-based milks)
- Frozen banana - we add it for the creaminess and sweeteness
- Dates - fresh dates are used to add to the sweetness. This is a healthie alternative to caramel sauce, chocolate sauce or sugar.
- Natural peanut butter - choose 100% peanut butter that doesn't have added sugar, palm oil or other unnecessary ingredients. Peanut butter is full of calories and healthy fats but is also a decent source of protein. When looking at the micronutrients it provides a fair amount of copper and biotin.
- Chia seeds - added to make the snickers milkshake recipe creamier. They are a great source of antioxidants that are always welcome in any nutrition but especially if the immune system has been compromised which is what happens when someone catches a cold. They also add to the fiber and fat content of the meal.
- Vanilla extract - used to add the vanilla ice cream flavour
- Cocoa powder - a healthier alternative to milk chocolate since it is full of polyphenols
How to make a snickers milkshake?
This snickers shake can be made in any good blender. We have tried making it using the small Magic Bullet or the Vitamix and both work well.
1. Peel and chop the banana and place the freezer for 4-5 hours in an airtight container.
2. If using dried dates place them in a bowl of hot water to soften for 10 minutes. Drain before using.
3. Place all the ingredients in a blender and pour milk over them.
4. Blend until you have a smooth creamy snickers smoothie.
Substitutions and Variations
- if the healthienss of this smoothie isn't a priority then you can top it with some melted chocolate, chocolate chips, caramel syrup, whipped cream or even ice cream.
Both smooth and crunchy nut butters work for this recipe since it all gets blended.
More smoothie recipes
Healthier Chocolate Snickers Milkshake
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 dates
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Peel and chop the banana and place the freezer for 4-5 hours in an airtight container.
- If using dried dates place them in a bowl of hot water to soften for 10 minutes. Drain before using.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and pour milk over them.
- Blend until you have a smooth creamy snickers smoothie.