A list of simple and easy high calorie smoothies for weight gain to build up the total daily calorie intake - for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or simply - dessert.
- Why drink shakes to gain weight fast?
- Pros to homemade weight gain smoothies
- How to make a high calorie smoothie
- High-calorie ingredients to use for smoothies for weight gain
- Recipes for Smoothies for Weight Gain
- 1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie
- 2. Gut-Healthy Thick & Creamy Chocolate Smoothie (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 3. The Easiest Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 4. Oat Milk Smoothie
- 5. Snickers Smoothie
- 6. Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- 7. Vegan Coconut Coffee Breakfast Shake
- 8. Dreamsicle Protein Smoothie
- 9. Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie Recipe
- 10. Great tasting Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- 11. A Healthy Caramel Smoothie Recipe
- 12. Breakfast Date Smoothie
- 13. Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie
- More from Collections:
For anyone trying to gain weight, getting enough calories in during regular daily meals might be a challenge.
The one thing all weight gain nutrition tactics have in common is adding high calories smoothies to the diet. They are a great way to add extra calories making it possible to reach the total daily calorie intake requirement.
For an ideal weight gain smoothie, it is important to choose ingredients high in calories and healthy fats.
Why drink shakes to gain weight fast?
Although it might seem more people are asking for ways to lose rather than gain weight, some of the reasons why people would want to drink high calorie smoothies include:
- Parents that are looking for a quick meal to give them energy
- Elderly that have difficulties in swallowing solid food
- Athletes that have a high energy expenditure
- Underweight people looking to gain weight
- People with any underlying disease that causes weight loss
- People looking to get their post-workout meals quickly
Pros to homemade weight gain smoothies
High calorie smoothies that are prepared at home are one of the best options for quick and healthy weight gain.
There are no strict rules to making high calorie smoothies. You can use pretty much any ingredient you have at home taking into account that it is high in calories and healthy fats.
Weight gain shakes are portable, so you can prepare them anytime you want and take with you to drink when you need to.
And thirdly, you only need a few minutes to prepare and also have a lot of fun and creativity in doing so.
How to make a high calorie smoothie
Firstly, you need a good quality blender to make a quick and creamy smoothie. This Vitamix is our choice.
Second you need a few different high calorie ingredients. Really any you have at home but you can also make a weekly plan, buy the ingredients and have yourself a different weight gain shake every day.
High-calorie ingredients to use for smoothies for weight gain
- Nut butters
- Full-fat milk
- Full-fat yogurt
- Coconut oil
- Dry fruit (figs, plums, apricots)
Recipes for Smoothies for Weight Gain
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie
This delicious and creamy weight gain smoothie is filled with nutritious ingredients and no protein powder added. You can also substitute the ingredients to your liking.
Made with peanut butter, banana, hemp seeds and soy mix this is the weight gain shake that provide all the essential nutrients as well as calories.
Total calories in per recipe: 502 kcal
2. Gut-Healthy Thick & Creamy Chocolate Smoothie (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
Apart from being gluten-free, vegan and high-calorie, this amazing shake is also packed with veggies, probiotic ingredients and proteins to keep you full for the day.
The probiotic prunes help balance the gut microflora so this is really a must for anyone who in addition of needing a high calorie smoothie also has some gut discomfort.
It's also made with some unusual but amazing foods such as cauliflower and turmeric alongside coconut yogurt and milk which give it the protein and fat content it needs.
Total calories per recipe: 463 kcal
3. The Easiest Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
With only just 4 ingredients - banana, peanut butter, milk and oats - this is probably the easiest weight gain shake that you will ever make.
The creamy texture and sweetness from the bananas make it not only a great substitution for a main meal or snack but also a great option for dessert.
Total calories per recipe: 360 kcal
4. Oat Milk Smoothie
Instead of using animal-based milk, why not make the basis of your high calorie smoothie a plant-based milk?
Whether oat, hazelnut or any other of your choice, along with the rest of the nutritious ingredients for this Oat Milk Shake, you can have yourself a quick shake to gain weight fast.
Like many other shakes to gain weight fast, this one is also made with dates, peanut butter, bananas and oats but also has foods that contain amazing nutrients such as chia seeds and cinnamon.
Total calories per 1 serving: 509 kcal
5. Snickers Smoothie
This Snickers Smoothie is not only a great high calorie smoothie for adults but also a great snack for kids once they start eating solids and need some extra calories to support their growth and development.
With oats, milk, peanut butter and cocoa powder as the ingredients topped off with some agave syrup for sweetness, this is just the ideal smoothie for weight gain.
Total calories per recipe: 330 kcal
6. Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
Want a shake that tastes like a dessert? Then this Chocolate Avocado high calorie smoothie is just the thing for you.
With those healthy fats and calories from the avocado along with the banana and maple syrup for the sweet taste and creaminess, this is just the thing for a perfect snack between meals.
Total calories per recipe: 512 kcal
7. Vegan Coconut Coffee Breakfast Shake
If you want your weight gain smoothie a bit different than the classic peanut butter chocolate ones, this vegan shake is the thing for you.
Even though the ingredients might look a bit unusual (white beans?!) they are really nutritious and work perfectly together for a great high calorie shake.
The cashews and coconut milk support the calorie content of the smoothie but also the protein and fat part.
Total calories per recipe: 401 kcal
8. Dreamsicle Protein Smoothie
Bananas, vanilla and almond milk are always a good combination. And this banana smoothie for weight gain really does have all you need nutritionally for an amazing snack.
It is also egg- and gluten-free and the choice for anyone struggling with these allergies.
Total calories per recipe: 371 kcal
9. Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie Recipe
For a taste of the tropics you might want to try this high calorie smoothie with amazing and nutritious ingredients.
The recipe is for 2 servings so in order to use this as a smoothie to gain weight, you would need to drink both servings.
Made with pineapple, bananas, strawberries and coconut milk this weight gain smoothie really brings you to the tropics from the comfort of your home.
Total calories per recipe: 466 kcal
10. Great tasting Blueberry Banana Smoothie
If you're looking for a banana smoothie for weight gain, this one is for you. With blueberries which are just about the healthiest fruit you can get, greek yogurt for creaminess and healthy fats and honey for natural sweetness, this is the high calorie smoothie for both adults and kids.
For it to be a weight gain shake, make sure to not split the servings into 3 but have at least 2 as one meal (ideally all 3).
Total calories per recipe: 525 kcal
11. A Healthy Caramel Smoothie Recipe
Caramel is not the healthiest ingredient you would want in your shake, but if it's made from coconut sugar and milk then it just might be.
With bananas, almond butter and dates this sounds more like a delicious dessert than a smoothie to gain weight but why cannot it be both?
Total calories per recipe: 342 kcal
12. Breakfast Date Smoothie
If you don't have the time to make healthy caramel, make sure to try this smoothie to gain weight because the Medjool dates provide a similar taste and also add to the creaminess of the drink.
With some almond butter for healthy fat and protein content, this is your weight gain smoothie for any time of the day.
Total calories per recipe: 469 kcal
13. Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie
Bananas and nut butters seem to be the go-to ingredients when making a high calorie smoothie. And why not since they are filled with nutrients and provide a great texture to the drink.
With some unsweetened cocoa powder this Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie is just the shake to gain weight fast if used as a dessert. Just make sure to not split into 2 servings as the recipe calls for but drink as 1.
Total calories per recipe: 242 kcal
More from Collections:
If you've tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog, please rate it and leave a comment below!
13 High Calorie Smoothies for Weight Gain
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie
- Gut-Healthy Thick & Creamy Chocolate Smoothie (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- High Calorie Smoothie: Peanut Butter Avocado Smoothie for Weight Gain
- Oat Milk Smoothie
- Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie for Kids
- Chocolate Avocado Smoothie13. Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie
- Vegan Coconut Coffee Breakfast Shake
- Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie Recipe
- Bahama Mama Tropical Smoothie Recipe
- Great tasting Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- A Healthy Caramel Smoothie Recipe
- Breakfast Date Smoothie
- Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie
- Pick the smoothies you want to make.
- Buy and prepare the ingredients.
- Blend your delicious smoothies.
Leave a Reply