Are you a beet lover, or someone looking to incorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet? Look no further than this Blueberry Beet Smoothie recipe! Packed with the goodness of raw beets, vitamin C, and the natural sweetness of wild blueberries, this smoothie is the perfect way to kick-start your day.
*This post has been reviewed by Dora Babic-Cikos, PhD Nutritional Science
The taste of beetroot is very subtle so it is a great smoothie recipe for kids also.
Why You'll Love This Blueberry Beetroot Smoothie Recipe?
- Good Things Come in Small Packages: Despite its simple ingredients, this smoothie is a powerhouse of nutrients, making it a great way to start your day on a healthy note and it is a great smoothie recipe for weight loss
- Lower Blood Pressure: The beets in this smoothie are known for their ability to lower blood pressure naturally, promoting heart health.
- Perfect Balance: The combination of sweet wild blueberries and the earthy flavor of raw beets strikes a perfect balance, making this smoothie a delightful treat for your taste buds.
- Boosted Immunity: Thanks to the vitamin C content, this smoothie supports your immune system, helping you stay strong and healthy.
- Energizing Morning Smoothie: Whether you're heading to work, hitting the gym, or simply starting your day, this smoothie provides the energy you need to power through your morning.
- Raw Beets: Beets are a nutritional powerhouse, rich in antioxidants and essential nutrients. They are known to lower blood pressure, improve stamina, and boost overall cardiovascular health. The natural sweetness of beets adds a subtle sweetness to your smoothie.
- Wild Blueberries: Wild blueberries are not only tasty but also loaded with antioxidants and vitamins. They are known for their ability to improve brain function and enhance memory, making them a perfect addition to your morning smoothie. You can use them fresh or frozen and you can also just use regular blueberries.
- Fresh Carrots: Carrots provide a burst of color and a wealth of nutrients. They are an excellent source of beta-carotene, which supports eye health and boosts your immune system.
- Coconut Water: For a tropical twist, you can use coconut water instead of regular water. Coconut water is not only hydrating but also adds a hint of natural sweetness to your smoothie.
- Lemon juice: gives the blueberry smoothie that final zing that it needs. High in vitamin C that supports a healthy immune system
How to make this beetroot smoothie?
Creating this vibrant smoothie is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Prepare the Ingredients: Wash, peel, and chop the raw beets and carrots. Rinse the wild blueberries thoroughly.
- Blend it Up: In a high-speed blender, combine the blueberries, raw beets, carrots, and a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Blend Until Smooth: Blend all the ingredients until you achieve a creamy and smooth texture. You can adjust the consistency by adding more liquid if necessary.
Variations and Additions for Beet Blueberry Smoothie
- Almond Milk: If you prefer a creamier texture, you can substitute water with almond milk. Almond milk adds a creamy texture to the smoothie without overpowering the natural flavors of the fruits and vegetables.
- Add fresh ginger or turmeric
- Add superfoods: you can add some chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds to this smoothie for more nutrition
- Add protein powder
- Add more fresh fruit such as bananas, berries, figs
- store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and stir through before serving
More smoothie recipes
If you've tried this recipe for kids then rate the recipe below and leave us a comment!
Blueberry Beet Smoothie
- 1.5 cup blueberries
- ½ cup beetroot peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 carrot chopped into 3 pieces
- 1 cup water or coconut water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Wash, peel, and cut up the beetroot; wash the blueberries; wash the carrots and chop.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until you have a smoothie.