An twist to your classic pancake recipe for delicious eggless pancakes with simple ingredients and no egg replacement.
This recipe was inspired by 10 Easy Eggless Pancakes.
You can probably find more than a thousand different variations to pancakes, but more or less the classic recipe will include flour, eggs and milk.
So naturally if you want to make pancakes without any of those ingredients, it might sound slightly difficult, right? Well not necessarily.
The good news being that pancakes can be made without these ingredients if they are substituted with the right ones that will achieve the same texture and flavor.
So if you don't want to use eggs in your recipe, cannot for any health reason or simply don't have them at home but want to make pancakes, keep reading.
There are a lot of possible egg substitutes you can use instead of eggs in baked recipes.
Flax egg, a tablespoon of chia seeds or the whisked water that is left after cooking chickpeas (called aquafaba) are just a few.
But in this recipe we are not going into complicated alternatives.
This eggless pancake recipe really is an easy and simple one that you can prepare from the ingredients you have almost always at home.
Eggless pancake recipe ingredients
To make these egg-free pancakes, you will need the following ingredients:
- all-purpose flour: I like to us all-purpose flour in these pancakes because it's the most available one and I almost always have it at home
- sweetener: I use coconut sugar in my pancake recipes because it is a natural dry ingredient that I find mixes the best with the rest of the pancake ingredients to make the perfect pancakes
- leavening agent: although in some cases you can go without a leavening agent, since we don't have eggs in this recipe, it is best it an ingredient like baking powder is used to achieve nice and fluffy pancakes
- salt: always add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor of the rest of the ingredients
- milk: you need a bit of liquid to make these pancakes and milk is somehow always the first choice. I make mine with plant-based almond milk
- yogurt: use some full-fat creamy yogurt to add to the flavor and texture of the pancakes
- coconut oil: this is my fat choice for pancakes. I like to use the flavored coconut oil because it adds to the aroma of the pancakes
How To Make An Eggless Homemade Pancake Recipe - Step-by-Step Photos
Follow these simple instructions to make the most tender egg free pancakes.
1. Put all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix.
2. Put all the wet ingredients into a separate bowl and whisk.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until you have a smooth pancake batter.
4. Heat a pan over medium-low heat. Once the pan is heated, if you don't have a non-stick pan, add a quarter of a teaspoon of coconut oil or spray with some non-stick cooking spray.
5. Put one tablespoon of the batter on the pan. Bake for about 2 minutes or until small bubbles are formed on top.
6. Flip using a spatula and bake for another 1 - 2 minutes or until the pancakes are golden brown.
8. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool for about 5 minutes prior to serving.
Eggless Pancakes Substitutes
In case you don't have any of the ingredients for the original egg free pancakes recipe, try substituting them as mentioned below:
- flour: instead of all-purpose flour, you can just as easily try with self-rising flour or whole wheat flour. I have also tried it with buckwheat flour and works just as good
- sweetener: you can try with a liquid sweetener as well but I would always recommend using a natural one then like maple syrup or another natural syrup
- leavening agent: you can use baking soda as a substitute to baking powder. Just make sure you keep yogurt as an ingredient because its slight sourness will help the baking soda do its magic
- milk: you can use cow's milk or another non-dairy milk like oat milk
- yogurt: instead of plain yogurt you can use a plant-based one or substitute with the white fatty part of coconut milk
- coconut oil: as a fatty ingredient to the pancakes you can try butter or another vegetable oil
Favorite pancake toppings
Although this easy pancake recipe without eggs makes pancakes that are just as delicious by themselves, you can always serve your stack of pancakes with some extra toppings:
- fresh fruit: my absolute favorite
- chocolate chips: make your chocolate chip pancakes by sprinking some simple chocolate chips on top
- chopped nuts: adds some extra healthy fats and energy to your pancake mix
Absolutely! If you're following a vegan diet for a vegan pancake recipe, just substitute the milk with plant-based milk or water and the yogurt with coconut milk or a plant-based yogurt option.
If you are left with any leftover pancakes, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days. If you're looking for a longer storage time, then you can use a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Yes. You don't need any dairy or non-dairy milk to make these homemade pancakes. You can simply add the same amount of water and you will get almost the same texture and flavor from your pancakes.
More Pancakes Recipes
If you've tried this or any other recipe from the blog, please rate it and leave a comment.
An Easy How To Make Fluffy Eggless Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix.
- In a separate bow, put all the wet ingredients and whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until you have a smooth pancake batter.
- Heat a non-grease pan over medium-to-high heat.
- Once the pan is heated, put one tablespoon of the batter on the pan.
- Bake for about 2 minutes or until small bubbles are formed on top.
- Flip using a spatula and bake for another 1 - 2 minutes or until the pancakes are golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate and allow to cool for about 5 minutes prior to serving.