A list of healthy rice bowl recipes that will be loved by the whole family and perfect for lunch or dinner. Including rice bowl with salmon, Japanese rice bowl, teriyaki rice bowl, with beef, shrimp, pork and vegan rice bowls.
I love these types of recipes - they can be so versatile and with so much flavour.
You can choose to use white rice, brown rice or antioxidant rich wild rice. Or if you love these bowls so much and want to eat them every day you may wanna change up your grain - you can use quinoa, farro or bulgur wheat instead of rice.
My preference has always been bulgur wheat.
Why we love these recipes:
- great for meal prep
- packed full of vitamins and minerals because you can use so many vegetables
- great for the whole family, from baby-led weaning babies to older picky eaters
- easy dinner bowls
How to make rice bowls?
Depending on the vegetables and protein you are using they can be made either ahead of time or on the day.
They are great for meal prepping. You can use raw or cooked vegetables and If you are using a dressing store the dressing separately so your food does not become too soggy.
To make a rice bowl it is as easy as picking a protein (below you will find rice bowls with salmon, chicken, tuna, beef, shrimp and some vegan variations), choose the type of rice you will use, choose the vegetables and the dressing.
The vegetables and dressing will really make flavour - the bowls can be made as Mexican rice bowls, Japanese rice bowls, Mediterranean and many different versions.
We will take you through our favorites.
- How to make rice bowls?
- Rice Bowl with Salmon, Tuna and Shrimp
- 1. Salmon Teriyaki Bowls
- 2. Spicy Salmon Sushi Bowl
- 3. Thai Spicy Shrimp Bowl
- 4. Ahi Tuna Poke Bowls with Citrus Ponzu + Sriracha Aioli
- 5. Mexican Bowl with Shrimp
- 7. Miso Glazed Salmon Bowl with Quick Pickles and Sesame Spinach Dressing
- 8. Shrimp Avocado Brown Rice Bowl
- Chicken Rice Bowl Ideas
- 9. Chicken Teriyaki
- 10. 12 Minute Oyakodon
- 11. Healthy Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 12. Chicken Veggie Rice Bowl with Ginger Scallion Dressing
- Beef Rice Bowl
- 13. Crock pot Barbacoa Beef Burrito Bowls
- 14. Korean Beef Bibimbap
- Pork Rice Bowl
- 15. Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Burrito Bowls
- 16. Slow Cooked Bahn Mi Rice Bowls
- Vegetarian and Vegan
- 17. Healthy Vegan Bibimbap Recipe (Korean Bowl)
- 18. Copycat Chipotle Veggie Bowl with Fajitas Veggies and Sofritas
- 19. Roasted Vegetable Rice Bowls with Jammy Egg and Pesto
- More from Collections
- 19 Healthy Rice Bowl Recipes You Need
Rice Bowl with Salmon, Tuna and Shrimp
1. Salmon Teriyaki Bowls
Super easy to make, these Salmon Teriyaki bowls are made with delicious salmon, sushi rice, homemade teriyaki sauce, spicy mayonnaise and healthy vegetables like sliced avocado, carrots, edamame, green onions and cucumbers.
10 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes fo cooking and you have a delicious sushi rice bowl recipe.
2. Spicy Salmon Sushi Bowl
A Japanese rice bowl with all the delicious flavors of a salmon sushi roll.
Made with lightly marinated fresh salmon, sushi rice and nutritious veggies such as carrots, cucumbers, scallions and creamy avocado.
3. Thai Spicy Shrimp Bowl
15 minutes of prep and 20 minutes of cooking and you have this delicious recipe which is created by using succulent jumbo shrimps sautéed in coconut oil, chili oils and grated garlic.
Add to that fragrant jasmine rice, veggies such as carrots, scallions, peppers and Chinese broccoli and top with a spicy peanut sauce and you have a delicious dinner bowl that the whole family will love.
4. Ahi Tuna Poke Bowls with Citrus Ponzu + Sriracha Aioli
This Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl is created with a gluten free citrus ponzu and sriracha garlic aioli which gives it a depth of flavor.
It is easy to make because you basically just need to cook the brown rice and asparagus, otherwise you just assemble the veggies and the dressings and you have a delicious poke bowl that is perfect for a family weeknight dinner or weekend lunch.
5. Mexican Bowl with Shrimp
A versatile Mexican style recipe where you can substitute white rice for brown rice, quinoa, farro or wild rice.
Made with delicious garlic sautéed shrimp, beans, lettuce, avocados and a homemade sour cream cilantro lime dressing.
7. Miso Glazed Salmon Bowl with Quick Pickles and Sesame Spinach Dressing
Simple and easy healthy lunch or dinner that will become a staple of your diet.
Plain cooked brown rice, quick pickled cucumbers, sautéed spinach and a baked salmon in a 3 ingredients marinade.
Simple yet healthy and great for the whole family to enjoy.
8. Shrimp Avocado Brown Rice Bowl
Extremely simple with a handful of ingredients this shrimp dish is a perfect meal prep bowl and one you can take on the go for a quick yet nutritious lunch.
Made with shrimp, brown rice, olive oil, lime juice, avocados, tomatoes, fresh dill and a bit of salt and pepper.
Chicken Rice Bowl Ideas
9. Chicken Teriyaki
15 min prep time and 30 minutes or cooking this chicken teriyaki dish is a great example of a meal prep bowl.
Made with chicken breast, homemade teriyaki sauce, and healthy vegetables like broccoli, edamame, carrots and scallions it is a really well balanced bowl that the whole family can enjoy.
10. 12 Minute Oyakodon
Oyakodon is a Japanese rice bowl with chicken and egg (donburi) that is flavored with a soupy sauce made of dashi.
You need only 7 simple ingredients that will give you a dinner bowl packed with flavor - chicken thighs, eggs, onion, seasoned dashi, steamed rice, green onion and sesame seeds.
11. Healthy Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl
A great meal prep recipe full of nutritious ingredients, low in saturated fats but high in protein.
Made with homemade marinated chicken, rice, lettuce, corn, beans, tomatoes, avocado and a delicious dressing.
It travels well so it is a perfect dish to take to work, or for school lunches. You can also separate all the ingredients in case you have some picky eaters.
This bowl with chicken and rice only takes 5 min of prep time and 15 minutes of cooking.
12. Chicken Veggie Rice Bowl with Ginger Scallion Dressing
This chicken veggie recipe is made from fresh vegetables such as cabbage, peppers, cherry tomatoes, cabbage, cucumber and cooked edamame.
Add to that some gluten-free ginger scallion dressing, chicken breast and white rice and you have a flavorsome meal.
Beef Rice Bowl
13. Crock pot Barbacoa Beef Burrito Bowls
If you are looking for easy to make mouthwatering comfort food look no further - this beef bowl is it.
Made in a slow cooker, with beef in adobo sauce, broth, cumin and salt and then assembled with easy cabbage slaw, turmeric rice, avocado, radishes and a homemade maple barbecue sauce. Perfect.
14. Korean Beef Bibimbap
WIth 20 minutes of prep time and only 10 minutes fo cooking, this Korean bowl idea is full of flavour.
Made with spicy beef, nutritious vegetables such as cucumbers, carrots, kimchi, mushrooms, green onions and watercress or spinach, and all topped with an egg it makes for a perfect weeknight dinner.
Pork Rice Bowl
15. Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Burrito Bowls
This Mexican style pork rice bowl is made with pork shoulder marinated in oregano, cumin, tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, stock, orange juice and lime.
Topped with a pineapple cucumber salsa and garnished with cilantro, sour cream, avocado, salsa and guacamole.
It takes 10 minutes to prep but 3 hours to cook so plan ahead. This is great dinner bowl recipe that you can prep ahead of time and that will be enjoyed by all.
16. Slow Cooked Bahn Mi Rice Bowls
Bahn Mi originated on the streets of Saigon, a French-Vietnamease hybrid using protein in a baguette topped with sour pickled daikon, carrot, cucumber and spices.
This innovative recipe makes a Bahn mi bowl by using baguette croutons in a rice bowl.
Shredded maple pork, pickled vegetables, sliced cucumbers and radishes make this delicious dinner bowl recipe full of flavour.
Vegetarian and Vegan
17. Healthy Vegan Bibimbap Recipe (Korean Bowl)
A vegan twist on the Koream bibimbap bowl.
Bibim means "mixed" and bap means "rice" so these bowls are usually made with vegetables and raw or seared meat.
However this is perfect healthy vegan bibimbap bowl that uses a spicy homemade miso sauce, kale, mushrooms, cabbage, carrot and pepper.
A great option for lunch, or dinner.
18. Copycat Chipotle Veggie Bowl with Fajitas Veggies and Sofritas
This flavorsome brown rice bowl idea originated from the Chipotle Veggie Bowl and is packed with protein by using sofritas - fried tofu crumbles in hot spicy chili sauce.
It is also a vegan creation with black beans, lettuce, vegan cheese, dairy free sour cream, tomatoes, corn and onion.
19. Roasted Vegetable Rice Bowls with Jammy Egg and Pesto
A vitamin and mineral rich vegetarian bowl that has sweet potato, cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, squash, onion and topped with soft boiled eggs, pesto and raw pumpkin seeds.
You can also adapt it to the veggies you have at home.
It is a great dinner bowl for kids as you get to expose them to a wide array of vegetables.
More from Collections
19 Healthy Rice Bowl Recipes You Need
- Salmon Teriyaki Bowls
- Spicy Salmon Sushi Bowl
- Thai Spicy Shrimp Bowl
- Ahi Tuna Poke Bowls with Citrus Ponzu + Sriracha Aioli
- Mexican Bowl with Shrimp
- Miso Glazed Salmon with Quick Pickles and Sesame Spinach Dressing
- Shrimp Avocado
- Chicken Teriyaki
- 12 Minute Oyakodon
- Healthy Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Chicken Veggie Rice Bowl with Ginger Scallion Dressing
- Crock pot Barbacoa Beef Burrito Bowls
- Korean Beef Bibimbap
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Burrito Bowls
- Slow Cooked Bahn Mi
- Healthy Vegan Bibimbap Recipe (Korean Bowl)
- Copycat Chipotle Veggie Bowl with Fajitas Veggies and Sofritas
- Roasted Vegetable Rice Bowls with Jammy Egg and Pesto
- Pick the recipes you want to make.
- Buy and organize the ingredients.
- Create delicious rice bowls.
Leave a Reply