Easy, green detox apple spinach smoothie with lemon juice – packed with vegetables but tastes great. Loaded with calcium, vitamin C and fiber it is a perfect addition to any meal or snack.
Green smoothie health benefits and ingredients
- apple - rich source of dietary fiber, vitamin C and polyphenols (help the digestive tract by increasing the good bacteria in the gut). You can use any apple you have either green apples or red apples. Just be aware that some green apples (like Granny Smith) are sour and red ones tend to be sweeter
- spinach - high in minerals such as iron, potassium, and magnesium as well as also vitamins A, C, and folate
- cucumber - loaded with vitamin K
- lemon juice - refreshing and gets rid of any bitter spinach taste; loaded with vitamin C which also helps the bioavailability and absorption of the iron from the spinach
How to make spinach apple smoothie
- Place all the ingredients in the blender. Depending on the blender instructions, but usually you would start with the liquid (water or milk), then the greens (spinach), and then with chopped up apple, cucumber, ginger and a splash of lemon juice. This way it will blend the easiest.
- Blend and serve or store in fridge for 3 days
If you love this smoothie you will also like the Mango Pineapple Smoothie and the Incredible Apple Banana Smoothie which tastes like apple pie but is actually healthy or you can look into how to make strawberry juice and our homemade electrolyte drink.
- add more water to give it a juice like consistency
- add a banana or a fatty milk to make it creamier
- to make it sweeter add honey
- always put liquid first in the blender to prevent it from jamming
- store in the freezer for up to 3 months
- store in fridge up to 3 days
- we have tried making this in 2 blenders
- Vitamix - top of the range blender, worth every penny, but if making 1 smoothie it is sometimes a bigger pain to wash up
- Magic Bullet - great small blender for everyday use, where the cup you use to blend the ingredients is also the cup you can use to drink the smoothie, hence minimizing washing
- add fresh mint for a refreshing taste
- add celery sticks for more of a health boost
- you can replace apple with pear
- you can replace lemon with lime
- spinach can be replaced with kale or swiss chard but halve the amount as other greens that are not spinach have more prominent tastes
- add superfoods such as flaxseeds, chia seeds and hemp seeds for more of a nutritional boost
- add dry or raw turmeric or raw ginger for superfood boost
More healthy smoothie recipes
Detox Apple Spinach Smoothie With Lemon
- 1½ cup spinach
- 2 apples
- ½ cucumber
- ½ lemon (juice)
- 2 cups water
- Place water first, then spinach, and then apples, cucumber and lemon juice in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve, store in fridge for 3 days or freezer up to 3 months.